Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Add meet and cheese nuke then add salsa and other toppings.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
1 med Tomato
4 oz Mozzarella (part Skim milk)
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
Basil, Salt, and Pepper to taste
Slice and plate. Drizzle EVOO and Balsamic on top. Add salt, pepper and basil to taste.
Fast high protein lunch.
Nutrition Facts for Simple Caprese Salad
Monday, April 25, 2011
- All items on the Fresco Menu have 330 calories or fewer with no more than 8 g of fat. However 8 grams of fat is a lot of fat per calorie. So make this a rare stop!
- Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco (150 calories, 4 g fat, 520 mg sodium)
- Fresco Crunchy Taco (150 calories, 8 g fat, 350 mg sodium)
Friday, April 22, 2011
2 cups Lettuce
1/2 Cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup Corn
1/4 cup Black beans
1/4 Baked whole wheat tortilla shell cut into strips
1/4 c Cheese blend
(add desired amounts)
Above Nutritional info
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
This is by far my LEAST favorite place to eat at! I don’t like that we feed our children this over processed, highly caloric, fat saturated so called chicken nuggets. Mostly for convince sake I know but still I don’t like it. (I feed it to my kids when they were younger so know that I am not judging you =-)
So forgive me if I’m a little harsh. However, I am realistic to know that even I HAVE to eat there because there might not be any other choice. It seems to me that McD's are every were even in county roads where there is nothing but farm land.
Alright off my soap box now on to facts. =-)
What to eat IF you have to eat at McDonalds go for the grilled chicken sandwiches, Caesar salad, apples or fruit and walnut salad.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
1/4 cup Corn (drain)
1/4 cup Black beans (drained if wish)
1/2 cup fresh salsa
2 cups of lettuce (I use spinach)
1/4 cup of hot sauce of choice
1/4 of a bell pepper
3TBS extra virgin olive oil (to cook the veggie in)
Cook the peppers for 3 - 4 minutes in the coconut oil. Build your salad by
Thursday, April 14, 2011
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries, 1 Tbsp toasted pistachios, 1 tsp sugar (115 calories)
- 2 Tbsp raisins, 1 Tbsp chopped pecans,
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Chipotle is one of my FAVORITE places to eat for lunch!
If I am eating it for dinner I will add the steak for an extra 190 calories 6.5 fat and 30 protein.
The salad and the steak would be 460 calories 13.5 g fat 37 protein
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
In 2009 Health magazine named Panera Bread.(for those in the
St. Louis area STL Bread Co) the healthiest restaurant chain in . America BREADS: Choose the Specialty breads they have fewer than 200 calories, about 4 g of fat, with around 350 mg of sodium, and some fiber. Most servings are about 2 oz. They do have some very yummy healthy things for sure. They are one of my top picks to eat on the weekends. However the pick two, bagels and desserts are all high in calories, high in fat, and not very nutritious, therefore not good picks. So you need to choose wisely.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Well it's not that simple. It really does matter what you eat.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
- * Milk, 1%, 1 cup
- * Regular Coffee, 2 cup
- * Whey protein powder, 2 scoops
- * ice cubes, 10 cubes ( 5 cubes blend 5 cubes in glass)
Optional :* Stevia packet, 1- 4 packets, if you want it sweeter you can add
Mix all ingredients in blender however only Include 5 ice cubes.Next pour over 5 ice cubes. You can make it a frosty drink by adding all 10 cubes in the blender.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Simple Cottage Cheese Dip
Blend and in blender until smooth and it tastes and looks like sour cream. Just add flavoring to it to make dips.
Add Ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, cumin, etc.
It can be also used in taco bean dip. No one can tell =-)
Cucumber Cottage Cheese Dip
1/4 cup cucumber, Diced
1/4 cup green onion, Diced
1/4 cup radish, Diced
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Mix the cucumber, green onion, and radishes together then blend in the cottage cheese and sour cream.
2 Add the celery salt and pepper blending all of the ingredients well.
3 Cover and chill.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Eggs in a basket (egg cooked in the middle of whole wheat bread)
- Low-fat cheese cubes
- Hardboiled eggs
- Deviled egg made with hummus
- Whole-wheat crackers and low-fat string cheese
- Grapes with nuts
- Fruit smoothie made with Greek Yogurt
- Tuna and cottage cheese
- bags of baby carrots with hummus
- Fruit yogurt cup
- Celery sticks with nat. peanut butter and a few raisins on top
- Trail mix
Monday, April 4, 2011
Let's Get Healthy,Coach TIA
- Drink 10 glasses of water with a few droops on lemon in it daily.
- Walk daily 20+ Minutes
- Eliminate fast food (except for Subway, Chipotle or Bread Co.their helathy options)
- Stay away from all fried foods (including chips and frozen fried foods))
- Eat nothing with high fructose corn syrup in it
- Work on more whole grains and stay away from WHITES(white flour, sugar, salt, white rice, white potatoes)
- Foods That Should Be Eaten Daily in a Healthy Life Style
- Work on nutrition, getting more protein in: 20 Protien Balanced snacks:
- No alcohol
- Buy a heart rate monitor ("Polar" with a chest strap is the best. Look for coupons on line. Sports Authority has them. )
|No crust almond meal and|
I added an extra 1/2 cup of chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 6 packets of Stevia
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- (reserve for outer crust)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- (may substitute all natural peanut butter)
- Additional add in's, not in nutritional count.
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- extra 1/2 cup of chunky all nat. Peanut Butter
- Whole nuts of any kind
- 2 tbsp wheat germ in place of almond meal
Sunday, April 3, 2011
"Bustin' Bootie Boot Camp" - 8 week classes
Next session starting:
April 25th - June 17th Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 5:15 - 6:15 am $96
April 25th - June 17th Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 6:10- 7:10 am $96
Drop in class is $5
Email for paperwork and to sign up or call 954-9156 and leave a message
For my boot camp participants please view all of the boot camp tags for things to help you get started.
Friday, April 1, 2011
- 3 cups oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries - (if added add to nutrition 440 calories, 4 g fat, 96 carbs, 4 fiber, 76 sugar)