Monday, April 18, 2011

What To Eat at Fast Food Places...McDonalds

McDonald's

This is by far my LEAST favorite place to eat at! I don’t like that we feed our children this over processed, highly caloric, fat saturated so called chicken nuggets. Mostly for convince sake I know but still I don’t like it. (I feed it to my kids when they were younger so know that I am not judging you =-)

So forgive me if I’m a little harsh. However, I am realistic to know that even I HAVE to eat there because there might not be any other choice. It seems to me that McD's are every were even in county roads where there is nothing but farm land.

Even the slang name “McD’s”' bothers me. It’s like he’s our friend…. ugg. Not mine. Yes, I do understand they are "trying" to get healthier options but in all honesty they are going to market what sells and right now what sells for them and what they make their money on is easily over possessed inexpensive food.

Read the following understanding that none of McDonalds breads are very healthy or nutritious. If you can, try to take the bread off or only eat ½ of the bun on your sandwich.

Alright off my soap box now on to facts. =-)

What to eat IF you have to eat at McDonalds go for the grilled chicken sandwiches, Caesar salad, apples or fruit and walnut salad.

Read the following understanding that none of McDonalds breads are not very healthy or nutritious. If you can try to take the bread off or only eat ½ of the bun on your sandwich.
Alright off my soap box now on to facts. =-)

What to eat IF you have to eat at McDonalds, Grilled chicken sandwiches, Caesar salad, apples or fruit and walnut salad.

Chicken Sandwiches
The grilled chicken sandwiches are high
in calories and fat, but you’ll find they are the most nutritious sandwich.
Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap (260 calories, 9 g fat, 800 mg sodium)
Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich without mayo (370 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1,110 mg sodium)

Hamburger , think small.
A regular hamburger is your best choice with (250 calories, 9 g of fat and 520 mg of sodium) Avoid the larger sandwiches: Big Mac (540 calories, 29 g fat, 1,040 mg of sodium) and the Double Quarter Pounder with cheese (740 calories, 42 g fat, 1,190 mg of sodium).
The Happy Meal is a good choice for adults just not for kids.
Hamburger, Apple Dippers & 1% low fat milk (390 calories, 7 g fat, 680 mg sodium, 20 g protein) , AVOID the low fat caramel dip 70 calories, 5 g of fat

Salad:
Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken hold the croutons (220 calories, 6 g fat, 890 mg sodium) with Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette (40 calories, 3 g fat, 730 mg sodium)

A quick Snack
Vanilla Reduced fat cone (150 calories 3.5 fat 60 mg sodium)
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait ( 160 caloreis, 2 fat, 85 mg sodium)
Fruit & Walnut Salad (210 calories, 8 g fat, 60 mg sodium)

McDonald's provides nutrition info on its website

Let's Get Healthy,
Coach TIA

1 comment:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

My least fav too, but the frappes are killer when I want......
to be bad :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails