Thursday, May 26, 2011

My "The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook" Journey

"The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook" Journey


I just received, in the mail, Tosca Reno's cookbooks today. SO EXCITED!!!
YES, I have been eating clean. However, I don't have any of her cookbooks,
"The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook" and "The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2"


Until now, that is =-)

I just opened them up and saw that
there were 150 recipes in each book. That's 300 recipes. Exciting! I can't wait to try them all! All?! Really Tia?!Why not ALL?! I think I'll do them all and blog about them. I'm so excited!!! I am starting a new journey; "My 'The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook' Journey".

I hope I can find all the ingredients and that I remember to take pictures =-)

Ambitious, I know, but it will help me to continue to eat clean and try new recipes.
My goal is to make 15+ recipes from the cookbook each week. That means I should be done with the first book in 10 weeks and then the second book in another 10 weeks. That is about 5 months which is a big commitment for me. I work late two nights a week so I will be calling on my daughter to help her dad cook some meals. My husband is a great cook and if you ask my father in law he'll tell you he is a chef. (Love him!)
I am guessing I have made a lot of these recipes because I get the "CleanEating Magazine" and I subscribe to http://www.eatcleandiet.com/ as well as http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/. All have a ton of recipes, yet I am still excited.

If you wish to follow my journey, know that I am not going to put her recipes on my blog. It wouldn't be right to do that. I will, however, be putting my grocery list on there and the meals that I will be making. And I will be providing feed back.

So, if you want to follow along, this is how it will go. I will be referring to the name of the book, recipe, and the page it is on in the book. My goal is to start on the first recipe and work through the book, then move on to the next book. I will let you know when I substitute ingredients.

WHAT I PLAN TO BLOG ABOUT:
1. My grocery list and the meals I plan on making that week.
2. Feed back as to what I liked or didn't like, any tips with the recipes, and general comments.
2. My daughter, a soon to be teenager, will be giving her feedback on the meals. I am looking forward to what she thinks. It should be interesting.
3. Occasionally I will let you know what our VERY picky 21-year old son thinks, if he tries them, as well as what my not- so-picky husband thinks. Also, if I make something for a group, I'll give you feed back on what they say.

Let me know your thoughts, please. I would really like to get feedback or I may not finish this if I feel that I'm alone in this.

NOW...
Let's Get Healthy,
Coach TIA
(edited by: Samantha Stewart on 5/27/11)


1 comment:

Danmark said...

Most of this book's recommendations are familiar to me now that I've been reading and experimenting with healthy cookbooks for a while. It's a bit more stringent on the no-fat requirement than I'm used to, but it's all about good carbs, good fats, and combining carbs with lean protein to keep us feeling full. Where Agatston's South Beach Diet recommends three meals with careful snacking between, Ms. Reno replaces that with five or six small meals spaced throughout the day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails