Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Avoid Holiday Weight Gain by Preparing for the Temptations of Holiday Eating (part 3 of 4)

3. Slow down and Enjoy
Just like your mom used to say,
"Slow down when you are eating." Well that is good advice.

Picture: my beautiful mother

Don't hoof down your food. Taste every bite and make it worth it.
We tend to eat treats or food that we shouldn't have a little faster than normal because we don't want our conscious kicking in and telling us to stop.
If we give ourselves permission to have a treat (on special occasions - see my blog about Two Ways to Incorporate Treat Meals) we shouldn't have guilt feeling and we will only have one helping. If you eat to fast more often than not you will eat more than yourself allowance.

Tell yourself what you are going to eat and what time you will eat it.

For example,
I will eat a piece of cheesecake 1 hour after I eat dinner but at least 3 hours before bed.

Knowing that I will eat cheesecake and what time helps me eat slower, not eat more treats and it allows me to know that I will have a treat. Then I don't feel deprived and get to slow down and enjoy.

Let's get healthy,
Coach TIA

1 comment:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Ok, thanks Tia now I want cheesecakke ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails