Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Ways to Incorporate Treat Meals




Two Ways to Incorporate Treat Meals

1. Planned Treat Meals

If you are just starting on a new healthy lifestyle and beginning to Eat Clean your treat meals should always be planned. A planned treat meal is just that planned! These planned treat meals give you something to look forward to. It’s easier to eat healthy and avoid unhealthy foods if you know that you can have whatever you’re craving on your treat meal. Most of the time a treat meals falls on the weekend. That is usually the best choice to help you eat healthy and clean eating through out the week

In the beginning starting out on a healthy lifestyle and eating clean sometimes people tend to think of what they can't have rather that what they can. During this time cravings and desires are at the highest point and are hard to resist. Treat meals will help people stay on course if they know they are going to be able to have a small indulgence.

For some people they can eventually move away from a strict eating schedule and begin to be more flexible. Eating clean and healthy 90% of the time and still enjoying some of the other not so healthy foods.

2. Flexible Eating

Flexible eating has no schedule on treat meals. It is eating as clean as possible and then on occasion enjoying what you are craving. Typically I know that I’m going to go out to eat once or twice a week and that is what I save my treat meals for. When I have hit my 2 treat meals for the week I indulge NO MORE!

Vacation is one time when I know I’m not going to be able to eat very healthy. It is hard to find restaurants that have truly healthy food! Believe or not I pack food. I only eat breakfast out once, I bring food for lunches and just eat out for dinner. So many people gain weight (5-10 lbs) on vacation the same weight they worked so hard to lose to go on vacation. It really isn't worth it! You can save a tremendous amount of money bringing your own food and eating at the hotel, park, or on the go and save some body fat to boot!

After you have a treat meal your next 2 meals should be healthy in order to help you live a healthy lifestyle.

With that make sure you stay away from to many trigger foods.

Treat meals
Are you wondering why I changed the name from Cheat Meals to Treat Meals?
It is because we really need to look at healthy eating as a lifestyle. If we think we are "cheating" on our healthy lifestyle then we aren't really living a healthy lifestyle. We know rewards are a good thing and cheating is not good, we feel guilt, regret and in turn possibly revert back to an unhealthy lifestyle.

What is Eating Clean? Eating Clean is treating your body how God intended. I will talk more about Eating Clean on my next blog.

Have a Healthy eating day!

TIA


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails