Monday, October 4, 2010

TIA's CLEAN EATING GUIDELINES





TIA's CLEAN EATING GUIDELINES
For me when I refer to 'eating clean' I am referring to eating foods 4 steps away from how God made them.
These include food that is prepared using quality ingredients that are basically free of man-made sugars (including high fructose corn syrup), hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and other unnecessary ingredients.
However, I do not rule out all packaged or processed foods. There are some that I feel are acceptable: Triscuits,Wasa crackers, Kashi, Barilla Plus pastas, Ronzoni-Healthy heart Pastas, Light Laughing Cow ch
eese, canned chicken, fish, beans, veggies and fruits packed with only water, On the Border Salsa, 100% whole grain pre-madepizza crust, 100% whole grain breads, Hummus (which is just Chickpeas made into a dip). These are a few that I eat and I feel are acceptable.
I also try not eating things that have little to no nutritional value. For example, I avoid white breads be
cause they have similar nutritional value to angel food cake.
In addition to these general rules I also try to make sure that my meals are 90% clean with the exception of "Treat Meals" (see previous blog for Treat Meal info.)
Here are 3 things I eat regularly that are not "clean" and I that I don't consider a "Treat Meal" b
ut are they are part of my lifestyle. They are Wheaties, 1% milk, and Equal. Please remember that I am living a lifestyle, not a diet. I have been eating Wheaties since I was a child and I absolutely love them. It is a rare day when I don't eat them for breakfast. I don't particularly care for skim milk so I chose 1%. And as far as Equal goes I realize that it is not the best choice so I am trying to find something to fill its’ gap. I know it isn't good for my body at all and sometimes I replace it with Stevia (but Stevia is so costly). {adding on 10/18/10 to say that I am not buying Equal any more. I should not put that in my body or allow my children to eat it}
The reason I shared with you the above “not clean” food's I eat is to prove to you that you can eat imperfectly and still live a healthy lifestyle. Also, I am attempting to show you that I am not trying to be perfect, just happy and healthy.







For the most part Tosca Reno's principles for Clean Eating.
Below are her MAIN principles for Eating Clean from Tosca's book.

• Eat 5-6 small meals, everyday
• Eat every 2-3 hours• Combine lean protein & complex carbs at every meal
• Drink at least 8 cups of water, everyday
• Never miss a meal, especially breakfast
• Avoid all over-processed foods, especially white flour and white sugar
• Avoid saturated and
trans fats
• Avoid sugar-loaded colas and juices
• Consume adequate healthy fats (EFAs) everyday
• Avoid alcohol
• Avoid calorie dense foods that contain little nutritional value
• Depend on
fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins and enzymes
• Stick to proper portion sizing

EAT CLEAN Shopping List
A link to the PDF printable List:
www.eatcleandiet.com/grocery_list/ecd_grocery_list.pdf

“Let these pages serve as your guide to rethink the simplest of all human needs, to eat and to eat well.” Tosca Reno
From The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids (Robert Kennedy Publishing, 2008) www.eatcleandiet.com / www.toscareno.com



Have a Healthy Day!
Coach TIA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey – nice blog, just looking round some blogs, appears a reasonably nice platform You Are using. I’m presently using Drupal for just a few of my websites but seeking to change one among them over to a platform very much the identical to yours as a trial run. Something in particular you'd suggest about it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails