Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things to avoid - AT ALL COST


Things to avoid - AT ALL COST.


1. Soda..... Yes even diet!
2. Fast Food (except Subway and Bread Co.)
3. Anything Fried
(unless it is flash fried in a pan with 1-2 TBS of EVOO)
4. Nothing with High Fructose Corn Syrup
5. Try to stay away from "WHITES" (white flour, sugar, salt, white rice)
6. Don't eat past 7:30 pm

The only time I do make exceptions and eat the above foods is when it falls with in my "treat meal"
If your wondering what a "Treat Meal" is I will discuss what is is in my next blog.

Healthy Alternatives
1. Water or Green Tea (If you drink a lot of soda then cut back to 1/2 of what you drink now.)
2. Pack your Lunch
3. Baked, Broiled, Grilled, Poached, or Steamed
4. All natural products and sugars
5. Stick with 100% whole grains (not whole wheat or whites)
6. If I am hungry I drink a lot of water.

Lets face it, we all have our weaknesses when it comes to food and the cravings for these can be strong, especially in the first 10 - 15 minutes. If you resist these cravings early you will learn to avoid these weak moments all together and keep yourself on track to healthy living.

Sticking with these small tips has proven to be very successful for my clients.

For the Saturday Boot Camp challenge for the next 2 months it to avoid the above 6 things and alcohol. A wonderful alternative to alcohol is a moctail. (Check my previous blog from moctail recipes.)

YOU CAN DO IT!
Let's Get Healthy!
TIA

3 comments:

TIA HURT said...

About the above list I try to avoid them as best as I can. Of course I eat them on occasion but I try to avoid them as much as possible. That gives me healthy guide lines.

TIA

TIA HURT said...

I never believe in exclusion.

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Great new logo :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails